Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cuddly Buddly Liliyboo Designs Giraffe Scene


I have a fun project to share with you today!
I've wanted to get back to my Rolodex Art file for some time now and had the perfect opportunity with a couple of digital images from Cuddly Buddly Lilyboo Designs.  When I first saw the giraffe I thought it was adorable but wasn't sure how I wanted to use it.  I had seen the Safari scene but the idea of coloring it intimidated me.  I finally picked them up at Cuddly Buddly and had a great time creating the scene in my Photoshop Elements & Microsoft Publisher programs.

To make the scene I used the Safari Scene once, then flipped it to make a mirror image so I could maybe merge them together to fit my 4" X 6" Rolodex file card size, it worked!  I then added the cute giraffe to the scene.  As you can see I did have to cut some of the scene off to fit the size I needed.  I have a practice page I printed on copy paper below.  I don't always do this but it's fun to see the image before it comes to life.

 
In this photo I don't have everything centered, I was hoping I could fit everything in the 6 inch width I had but as you can see it didn't work out.


Here's a view of the Rolodex V file for you.  I've seen a few of these on E Bay recently for sale and was outbid on a really big one by about fifty cents...


Top View


Up close and personal in my photo box.  I had a hard time with the giraffe spots, my marker ink started to pool on top of the paper because I had it over saturated.  I tried scanning this and you could really see it so I scrapped the scanned version.  

I have the Copic color numbers for you but not in the order I used them, there were so many green markers on the table half way into this that I can't tell you what I combined with what.  I just tried to remember that objects closest to me are brighter and more vibrant and things farther away were darker and become more muted in color.  So, do you think it worked?  Do the hills seem separated and farther away from each other?

Copic Markers:

YG01, YG03, YG05, YG11, YG13, YG17, YG23, YG25, YG61, YG63, YG67, YG97,
E31, E33, E37, E47, E53, E50, E51, 
G20, G21, G24, G28
W1, W3, W5
YR14, YR21, YR24
BG32, BG34
BV23, BV02
B0000, B00

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrapin' Corner - Anything Goes
Truly Madly Crafty - Animals
Great Impressions - Show Us Your Best Stay In The Lines Coloring

8 comments:

Lee Mae said...

Hi Jan! This is extremely cute and I think the hills in the back do look further away.

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous, Jan! I think your giraffe coloring is magnificent. :-D We're so honored that you chose to play in the "Anything Goes" challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this! What a cute scene and your rollerdex is a great idea! :D

Unknown said...

This Little Giraffe Is a scene card and is just so adorable. I love the color choices.
I am so pleased you
decided to join us for our Challenge.
Hugs, Founder and Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner, Tammy Ortiz

Deloris said...

What a cute scene and fabulous coloring too! Thanks for joining the challenge at Great Impressions Stamps!

Lisa Minckler said...

Wonderfully detailed copic elements on your card. The giraffe is fabulous and the scenery is so crisp and colorful! Beautiful work here. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!

Tracy said...

It`s stunningly gorgeous!!
Thanks for joining in over at TMC Challenge.
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Judy Rozema said...

ACK!!!! This is so so cute!!